Being a newborn photographer allows me to capture all that newness and everything that goes along with it right inside your home. It is a very personal time and I love being able to document this special time in the place that brings you the most comfort. Here are some general guidelines for newborn sessions.
Newborn Session FAQs
- Ideal window for newborn photos is when the baby is between 5 – 10 days old.
- Newborn sessions are held in the comfort of your home or mine, where we can control the temperature and keep the baby happy and comfortable. In the warmer weather we may head outside for a couple photos.
- Newborn sessions last approximately 3 – 4 hours, which allows time for feedings and soothing the baby.
- I bring the necessary props with me (blankets and accessories), but I also encourage you to gather your own items that you would like to incorporate into your photos (e.g., family heirlooms, special blanket that was gifted to your baby, decorative bowl, etc.).
- I encourage parents and siblings to be photographed with the baby, and recommend wearing simple, soft-colored clothing.
- In order to provide an exceptional experience for my clients, I only take on a limited number of newborn sessions each month. Please contact me while you are pregnant to notify me of your due date and to reserve your session.